Facilities meeting one or more of the following criteria may benefit from this opportunity.
- Multiple heating and cooling procedures are used through out the facility.
There are many instances where a fluid needs to be heated, and another needs to be cooled. In either case a heat exchanger can be used to heat/cool that fluid instead of using steam or a refrigeration system. Below are just a few examples of where heat exchangers can be used to save energy and operating costs.
- Using boiler stack exhaust to pre-heat inlet air ("Boiler Economizer")
- Using outgoing hot milk to heat incoming cold milk in a pasteurization process. ("Regeneration")
- Using hot condensate water to heat water used for cleaning
These templates are excel based spreadsheets that quickly and easily help users quantify energy savings, cost savings, implementation costs, and payback. The excel spreadsheets then automatically write a professional looking report for users to utilize as they see fit.
- Download the Heat Exchanger.xls Excel Sheet
Following is an example of a recommendation prepared with this tool:
- View the Heat Exchanger.pdf document